Have a vision for your existing home? Make it a reality with a home improvement loan from Union Square Mortgage.
Home improvement loans help individuals make needed or desired improvements to a home. Often, these improvements apply to projects that produce structural changes or improvements. However, a home improvement loan can be used to make outdoor improvements to a home, such as landscaping and an added outdoor structure, such as a gazebo or garage.
Depending on the costs of repairs, funds may be advanced upfront in their entirety or set-up for the borrower to receive over the course of the project as draws. Draws are often preferable when the improvements to be made are substantial.
Funded projects generally have one or more of the following goals:
- Upgrading heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC)
- Upgrading rooms with luxuries, such as adding gourmet features to a kitchen or a hot tub spa to a bathroom
- Increasing the capacity of plumbing and electrical systems
- Waterproofing basements
- Soundproofing rooms, especially bedrooms and baths
Maintenance and repair
- Roof tear-off and replacement
- Concrete and masonry repairs to the foundation and chimney
- Repainting rooms, walls or fences
- Repairing plumbing and electrical systems
- Turning marginal areas into livable spaces such as turning basements into rec-rooms, home theaters, or home offices— or attics into spare bedrooms
- Extending one's house with rooms added to the side of one's home or, sometimes, extra levels to the original roof. Such a new unit of construction is called an "add-on."
- Energy-efficient thermal insulation, replacement windows, and lighting
- Renewable energy with biomass pellet stoves, wood-burning stoves, solar panels, wind turbines, programmable thermostats, and geothermal exchange heat pumps (see autonomous building)
Safety and preparedness
- Home fire and burglar alarm systems
- Fire sprinkler systems to protect homes from fires
- Security doors, windows, and shutters
- Storm cellars as protection from tornadoes and hurricanes
- Backup generators for providing power during power outages
Speak with a Union Square Mortgage professional to learn if a home improvement loan is the right mortgage product for you!